Do you believe that people have the power to change their lives with the right support? Be part of positive change!
Donnington Doorstep is a trusted community based charity that works with families to improve life chances for children and young people. Donnington Doorstep is a much loved organisation and delivers universal and specialist services that really make a difference. Our services range from play and learning in the early years, to family support for isolated families, to working to stop child exploitation. We are currently seeking an experienced Fundraiser to meet our fundraising target of £320k for 2019/2020.
In close collaboration with the Director, you will lead on selected funding bids and secure funding to support Donnington Doorstep’s work with vulnerable children, young people and families. You will be able to develop compelling, high quality applications that clearly set out the values, aims and objectives of the charity. We are also looking for expertise in CRM (Client Relationship Management) to develop major donors who love Doorstep and what we stand for.
This is a flexible one year contract for 2 days a week (or 8 days a month).You will be able to work from home generally if preferred. Salary £23,398 - £25,295 pro rata.
For a conversation about the opportunity please contact Diane Long (Director) on 07584 598 434.
The closing date for applications is 7 May 2019
- Identify new funding opportunities
- Develop positive relationships with funding organisations and be sensitive to existing relationships
- Track and follow up submissions, proposals and expressions of interest.
- Report regularly to Director on progress of bids.
- Undertake CRM for major donors, building and maintaining a database and embedding approaches and systems for regular contacts.
- A proven track record in fundraising
- Demonstrable success in managing a high value and diverse portfolio of donors
- Demonstrated commitment to fundraising in the charity sector
- Chime with the Doorstep values of empowerment, equality and empathy
- A strong understanding of financial budgets in small/medium size charities
- Excellent communication skills in English with a highly persuasive and creative writing style
- Experience of effective partnership working and collaborative working.