Here is a list of resources compiled by one of our project workers. We hope you find it useful - let us know if you know of other good resources.
Local - Oxfordshire:
- Everything for young people in Oxfordshire - Health, life, learn, earn, news & events
- OSARCC – Oxford Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Service, committed to supporting survivors of sexual abuse, rape, domestic abuse, and harassment. Offering a free and confidential service to women and girls who are dealing with the effects of sexual violence
- Topaz - 13 - 25 yr olds. A safe space for those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender. This is also for people who are unsure about thier sexuality and may be questioning it
- Spurgeons - Support for young carers
- Safe! project Oxfordshire - Supporting young people in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire who have been harmed by crime. Helping them to recover their confidence and sense of safety. http://www.safestories.org/
- Brakingbad - Website created by 7 young people in Oxfordshire during the summer of 2014 to explore issues around drug debt and supply
drugs- Alcohol and substance misuse support for children, young people and adults
- Turning-Point - Substance and alcohol roads to recovery support for adults
- Sexual Health Oxfordshire – For young people and adults. Offering a full range of services including genitourinary medicine (GUM) and contraception: testing for and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), all types of contraception including emergency contraception, advice on safer sex, relationships, drug use or other health related issues, and HIV care.
- SOLACE (Sexual Assault Referral Centre). Support if you have been raped or sexually assaulted.
- Talking Space - Over 18 - Offers you the chance to help yourself to cope with life’s ups and downs, feel better and learn your own strategies for keeping well
National and international:
A guide to healthy behaviour in intimate relationships for children and young people including: Is this a healthy relationship? Quiz, FAQ's, myths, real life stories, coercive control and domestic abuse, law and help.
- ChildLine - Support and advice for children and young people
- Barnardo's - Advice for parents, professionals, children and young people on the signs of sexual exploitation and how to keep safe
- NSPCC– Child sexual exploitation 'at a glance'
- PACEUK - A national organisation dedicated to parents and carers whose children are at risk of, or experiencing child sexual exploitation
- BLAST project The UK's leading male only sexual exploitation service dedicated to tackling the grooming and sexual exploitation of boys and young men
- Male survivors of sexual abuse - Male rape and sexual abuse support
- Thinkuknow - This website is an excellent resource including films and advice for 5-7 yrs, 8-10 yrs, 11-13 yrs, 14+, parents, carers and professionals. This website links with CEOP (Child Exploitation and Protection) - Advice...Help....Report.....
- Brook - Sexual Health
- Womens Aid - Women’s Aid is the national charity for women and children working to end domestic abuse
- Has someone done something online that has made you or a child or young person you know, feel worried or unsafe? Advice on what to do: Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre
- ChildNetInternational- Useful for children, young people, teachers, professionals, parents and carers. Plus information about mobiles, gaming, downloading, social networking and much more
- Kidsmart – A great resource, (younger children) which provides information on a variety of online resources to help keep safe
- www.talktofrank.com - Drugs & alcohol misuse
- YouandCo - You & Co is Victim Support’s youth programme that helps young people cope with the impact and effects of crime. You do not have to report the crime to the police to get support from this organisation
- Emotional Well being for children and young people – Young Minds - online advice and support
- mind.org.uk – A to Z of mental health, information and support and find your local Mind
co.uk/–Sexting? Relationship abuse? Consent? Rape? Porn?
- www.thehideout.org.uk - Frightened by someone you are dating? Worried about violence at home?
- Counselling directory - Connecting you with professional support
Films and apps:
Secondary - Listen To Your Selfie!
These two short films aim to teach young people about online sexual abuse and what constitutes a healthy relationship. There are two films where selfies come to life – The Game focuses on a same-sex online grooming scenario, and The Party highlights peer-to-peer sexual pressure and grooming.
The videos are also intended to help young people recognise the signs that they are being manipulated, controlled or exploited so they feel empowered to make their own decisions or choices.
Primary - resources on sexting – NSPCC Share Aware
You can download the free Share Aware teaching resources to help teach primary children to keep safe online. These lesson plans cover the dangers of sharing pictures and chatting to strangers online.
consentiseverything.com/– What you need to know about sexual consent
- Exploited - Friendship / peer exploitation. Exploited is an 18-minute film which helps young people learn to stay safe from sexual exploitation. It educates young people to identify features of an exploitative friendship or relationship in contrast with the development of a healthy relationship, and gives them clear information about how to report abuse and access support.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an educational resource about Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) that can be delivered to young people in the context of a lesson, by professionals in the children's workforce. To access the free Exploited resource pack please visit www.thinkuknow.co.uk/teachers
- Exposed - This 10 minute drama has been designed for 14 to 18 year olds. 'Exposed' deals with the subjects of sexting and cyberbullying, issues that teenagers commonly face.
- ZIPIT link on ChildLine website Get flirty chat back on the right track with Zipit. Full of comebacks and tips to help you stay in control of your chat game.
- Jigsaw - This is an assembly from CEOPs Thinkuknow education programme that helps children to understand what constitutes personal information. The assembly enables children to understand that they need to be just as protective of their personal information online, as they are in the real world. It also directs where to go and what to do if children are worried about any of the issues covered. For more information please visit: www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- Consequences – This is an assembly from CEOPs Thinkuknow education programme that enables young people to recognise what constitutes personal information. The assembly facilitates young peoples understanding that they need to be just as protective of their personal information online, as they are in the real world. It also directs where to go and what to do if young people are worried about any of the issues covered. For more information please visit: www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- Tom's internet story - Friend online sends 'cheats and stuff for games' arranged to meet...
- Eastenders - Watch this video with Shona McGarty from BBC soap Eastenders explaining how to spot the signs of child sexual exploitation.
Matt thought he knew - This film follows Matt, a teenage boy who begins a relationship with a girl he has met online. Together they explore their sexuality via IM and webcam. Eventually they decide to meet up offline however the girl isn't who Matt thought she was...
Orange Digital Dirt - Want a job? Short film about bad behaviour online effecting job opportunities
"Stay Switched On"
The animation has been made with young people for young people to help them keep safe when they are out and about and using public transport. It’s all about encouraging young people to be alert and to ‘Stay Switched On’ helping them to think about the journeys they make, to be aware of people and situations around them and tips on how to keep safe and what to do if they are worried or concerned by anything.
The animation is aimed at all young people who are travelling without adults, and can be viewed on YouTube at https://youtu.be/_5Vfvv50wFs or simply scan:
Jasmin’s story – Select Jasmin’s short film, a sexual exploitation story on the Muslim Women’s Network UK
Luzia’s story http://www.oscb.org.uk/themes-
14 year old girl's story Targeted – Available to download on the National Working Group website